Thursday 9 May 2013

Mad Men Challenge 2...revisited

Having been rushed off my feet with coursework all week and only getting the chance to sit down and breath this evening, upped popped an e-mail from Julia Bobbin. "What's this?" I thought. Ashamedly, I haven't been scouring many bogs recently due to work overload, but when I saw that I had won third prize I was ecstatic!! Me? Win at a sewing competition? I based my project on Mad Men's Bobbie purely on the context that I had some awesome fabric that I found from the furnishing remnants at work. Here's another picture of it:


There were so many other amazing entries - I particularly liked the entry from That's Sew Amy as it just looked so alike the original. Here's a photo of it if any of you out there haven't followed the links:




Damn my confidence has soared right there. I'm glad there are people out htere still fighting for our individualism in sewing desires!

No comments:

Post a Comment