Tuesday 9 October 2012

Pretty Posessions....

For those that think I'm 'bunking' college today, I'm not - I have the worst fever ever, alongside coughs, a painfully sore throat and a snotty nose. Yes, I'm in a beautiful way - but I'm not ill enough to not want to do a bit of 'internet browsing', shall we say.

Alice Bag, in Royal Harat Carpet,
image courtesy of carpetbags.co.uk

I have had a love of bags of all shapes, sizes, colours and styles for many years. So many in fact that I've lost count of how many I have bought, made or drooled at. Today thanks to Glamour magazine,(that's UK Glamour, people!), I have come across an amazing awe of Carpet Bags. The company following the link has produced these bags made from amazingly patterned carpet fabric since 1974, where they continue to produce high-quality and an amazing array of styles. This is, however, not for the faint hearted, as the bold patterns cry out to those who have a style edge and are looking to be the unique individual. This is in fact the voice of me.

But it doesn't stop there. Not only does it have amazing texture, they have names, of which one in particular stands out to me: Alice. Although going by AliMcfadian on my blog and other areas within my creative life, I do have a secret awe about things that have my original name on them. This is one of them, and I'm sure you can guess the others! At £38, I think this will be an investment of the year, and besides, it'll have MY name on it. *inserting ridiculously smiley face here*

No comments:

Post a Comment