Tuesday 12 June 2012

Let's Get Inked...

After a week of refreshing myself and a wonderful get-away to Wychwood Music Festival, I am now in the right frame of mind to continue in my quest of life.
I've had a strange calling towards getting inked lately, of which the intricate details of Celtic knots and patterns are drawing me in. It's funny, because if you had mentioned this to me a couple of years ago, I would have said that I can't understand why on earth people would want to have permanent drawings on themselves. But after going through an incredibly dark and diminishing period on my life, I want something to renew myself. Give myself my freedom and lost serenity back. I'm particularly taken in by The Tree Of Life as it has a world-wide symbolic reference in beliefs.
This is one of three images I've been considering getting. I love the knot-work and formality of it all. The circular structure also promotes a sense of eternal life, thus providing the fulfilling belief of life after death. I feel like I've died. This, therefore, can hopefully give me a sense of 'rebirth' in the hope to revive my inner form.
The second is also quite similar, but holds a sense of togetherness and symmetry.
The final choice portrays a sensual appeal in fluidity. I love how it creates a prolonged presence and breaks up the circular form with the swirling lines. I might combine some of them to create my own look.What do you think?
 But I have another four months or so until I will venture out and renew myself (I'm only 17, so would like to enter my adulthood with a new vibe about myself). In the mean time, I shall continue designing, making and re-finding what I've lost. I'm also on a quest to lose weight, as I've been so unhappy with it for the past year due to stress. I know, I know. You don't want yet another mug moaning about it; but for those who understand it, it is something that I've been struggling with for ages. I hope to regain my faerie-minded well being...

No comments:

Post a Comment