Wednesday 13 June 2012

Floral Fanatic

Afternoon All!!
I've finally finished a summer dress I've been making! It's only taken me two days (in theory) to do, but has actually taken two weeks to get round to finishing it. I've been busy do other crazy and mad stuff. Not that it should be an excuse for anything, but it is. So, without further or do, here it is:



Excuse my naf appearance (I've previously mentioned my desire to lose a bit of weight, and I'm growing out nmy hair).
Aside from that, I hope you can see the end outcome. I'm really pleased with it, as I've drawn up and drafted the pattern from scratch. Well, I say from scratch, really I mean to say I deconstructed an old vest top as I liked the structure of the neckline and back panel. I used a Poly/Cotton floral fabric and a Pure Cotton lining - which I purchased on my discount at work ;) - so it's ideal for the summer weather (what summer weather, may you ask?!). I actually had to unpick all the skirt and insert two darts into the front bodice as I wasn't happy with the original shape. It looks better, now though. It could do with a press but it feels SO comfortable! What are your thoughts on it?
I've recently purchased the Burdastyle handbook, of which I am incredibly keen to get out and remotivate myself to make make make again. The bag looks incredibly enticing....

No comments:

Post a Comment